Monday, November 10, 2008

dog toys get expensive when you have to buy them weekly.

I've spent entirely too much time sewing Ellie's chew toys back together. She has all of these little Frankenstein creatures that are her friends. She pulls them all together, equally biting each. The problems come when she pulls one of the stuffed animals off by themselves away from the group where she pulls it apart and removes the stuffing. My dog has mass murderer tendencies evidently.

Her favorite is a bear that she brings every where with her. She babies this toy. It was the only toy with it's original stuffing and limbs until last night.

The power went out during dinner last night so we lit candles and continued the fun until we heard the tearing sounds under the table. Bailey had torn out the throat of Ellie's bear. Bailey is a pit mix that probably weighs 20 more pounds than Ellie but I am pretty sure if Bailey was a Yorkie, Ellie would have not paused before trying to kill her. At least my dog has a sense of self preservation despite her favorite toy being torn apart.

When the power went back on, the boys did the dishes and I took to the task of sewing a bears head back onto it's body while Ellie sat next to me whimpering. When the bear was finally put back together, she hid it until Bailey went home when she pulled it back out, cuddled up to it and went to sleep.

She is currently tearing apart the duck I sewed together last night. I tried to save it's head but it looks like this time, ducky might have to be headless as none of the kings horses or men are going to be able to put it back together again.

No comments: