I knew those hooks in the ceiling would someday come in handy other than to act as the death row for hanging plants. Why can I never remember to water something I see everyday? I have a to buy plants every time we have a party to pretend like I don't just let plants die between parties.
For the last couple of months, I have spent Sundays cooking the meals for the following week. Last Sunday was a 9 hour cookathon and I made 5 separate items to eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It works out well as it ensures I can make it to the gym after work no matter how late I leave the office.
Yesterday I made all of the brown rice, quinoa, lentils, etc. that act as a base for whatever else I make. I also made a chicken, kale, and squash dish I will eat for lunches next week. I used yesterday to make everything to free up time today to make a lasagna completely from scratch.
Today is one of those days I question my sanity. 8 cups of milk and 1 1/2 cups of cream makes a lot less ricotta than I thought and I am debating heading to the market for more milk to make another batch. Garlic is roasting in the oven to eventually mix with the ricotta as a layer in lasagna. The sauce simmered all day yesterday and smells wonderful reheating on the stove now. Now I am off to try to make pasta.
No comments:
Post a Comment