Thursday, April 24, 2008

change of pace

This blog was created in response to hitting 50k views on my myspace blog. I then decided it should be about food. Between traveling for work and travelling for fun, my fridge is a science experiement I intend to conquer tonight.

(If I do not post a blog tomorrow, please call the authorities as it means that something in my fridge has come alive and sucked me into the black hole where fresh produce from farmer's market goes to die).

The title of this blog is Half Assed Attempts at Adulthood because that's where I am at in my life so it only seems appropriate that I write about it. I am 29 with a third choice career that allows for a large disposible income to be an idiot on a regular basis. I have an amazing boyfriend who takes me to the airport for my early morning business trip flights and cannot sleep when I am away despite us both fighting for our independence for the first year of our relationship. I have a great relationship with my father and he is often my sidekick. I love expensive jeans and moisturizers but I can be really cheap on other things. I am pretty sure I got that from my parents. Ultimately, I want to see the world before I settle down so I won't be settling down anytime soon even though it can easily be said that I am in a nesting period. Nothing makes me happier than a clean apartment and fresh sheets or an early weekend morning adventure before the rest of the world wakes up. I have had my heart broken and I have broken hearts and I am still learning to be a good person to myself and to other people.

My ultimate dream would be to find a career path that brings me joy and not just money, a nice little house with a yard, a dog, and a marching band that follows me around and plays a soundtrack to my existence.

I will still post recipes on here from time to time because, I guess, that's just another part of learning to be an adult.

Stay tuned.

No comments: