I always keep cookie baking ingrediants here but I refrain from actually buying cookies because then I have to hit pause on my sweet tooth. By the time I am done baking them, I can be satisfied with only one or two. I then have to send them away with the first person who enters my apartment so I don't eat only cookies for every meal until they are all gone.
It has been a rainy weekend here so for the last two days, I've been drinking sweet milky coffee, hitting the gym, and baking cookies while James is working....
****This blog has been interrupted by an emergency barbaque announcement*****
Switching gears from blog writing, I just pulled veggie burgers and spicey hot links from my freezer. I got everything ready for sweet potato fries as well...
2-3 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into fry sized pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt, pepper, paprica, etc. to season
Throw this all into a platic zip lock bag to coat. When I get to the barbeque, I will throw into the oven. 450* for about 25 minutes.
********************************************************************
Alright, where were we... cookies!
I tried both of these recipes and I think I like the second one better...
Pudding Cookies
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix (I bought cheesecake flavored on accident and it worked fine).
4 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
Preheat oven to 350*
Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
Using your trusty mixer, mix together the sugars and pudding mix. Add the softened butter and mix more until totally combined like communists. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Mix until everything is one happy little mixture. Damn commies.
Blend in the flour mixture a little at a time. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. These cookies WILL NOT spread out on the pan so roll the dough into balls then flatten on ungreased cookie sheets. I use parchment paper for laziness and easy clean up.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown. Let these bad boys cool for a while as there ain't nothin like chocolate burn on the roof of your mouth. Also, I cooked these until they were just barely lightly brown and lemme tell ya, they were so FUCKING GOOD.
Drunk Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (I only had maybe 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla left, so I substituted Rum... Hence the 'drunk' in the title)
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup toffee pieces
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
Using a mixer combine the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until well mixed.
Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Yeah, work for it, bitch. Feel the burn.
Because the cookie dough has melted butter in it, I put it into a plastic bag and threw it into the freezer for about 30 minutes
Roll the cooled cookie dough into whatever your level of greed is. I like big cookies. Flatten on the pan as these will not spread out too much. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart otherwise they melt together into a monster of deliciousness.
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Go vacuum or dust in the mean time.
Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Both recipes I got off the internet and completely made my own just as you should. I sent the first batch to work with James and the second batch, I am bringing to the barbeque. Otherwise, I would eat them all. Seriously. It wouldn't be pretty.
I made sea bass last night for dinner and I will have to post that recipe later. It came from Tyson who works in the Zanatto's meat department (thanks Tyson!) and was super tastey yummy good.
No comments:
Post a Comment