Cyn called me earlier singing "It's the final countdown......"
My bosses boss stopped by a little while ago to ask if he could organize a going away lunch for me. There goes my idea of bringing a flask on my final day.
4 1/2 days of work left.
Of course now that I am not going to have medical insurance is when I discover a weird looking mole. Isn't that a Lifetime moving waiting to happen? I quit my job this week and get cancer next week when I have no medical insurance.
Since James did not viva la resistance, we bought a dark burgendy paint this weekend to cover up the orange in the hallway. I think I might start on that tonight after work. I managed to get the master bedroom almost done this weekend. The walls are chocolate brown with a white trim. I made curtains out of the fabric that James picked out and we found him new bedding.
Next week with my first unemployed week, I am going to start the demo work in the kitchen that I have been putting off for a month now while I look for a new job.
We had James' parents over for dinner last night. My dad had stopped by to check in and see Ellie but had to head home before James' parents got there. I do think they will all get along very well despite my father being a bit of a snob. James' family reminds me of my father's family in Southern California in that everyone is pretty eccentric and fascinating. The different drummer statement applies to all in both families.
Tony and Nina came over as well. Nina is turning into such an amazing young woman, it's unreal. She kept me company in the kitchen while I was cooking and we talked about everything from camping trips to knitting. She is going into the 8th grade but her maturity is that of someone a few years older. I think it is a huge testiment to what amazing parents she has. She worships both her mother and father which is amazing considering her age. Tony and Christina have really done such a great job raising Nina.
When Nina comes back for Thanksgiving we're going to have an arts and crafts day. She's going to help me with my knitting and I am going to show her how to use my sewing machine. I am actually really looking forward to that.
James' dad and I geeked out to video games after dinner and we sent everyone off with leftovers. I cannot wait to get the dining room table as we're going to start a monthly Sunday family dinner because last night was so much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment