Saturday, December 10, 2011

and it begins...

In July, I made the decision that I wasn't into celebrating the holidays this year. Every year, I let my type-A go wild and decorate, bake, host, shop, and stress over lists and lists of lists. When it is all over, I am exhausted until February. 6 months ago, self preservation told me to take a year off.

Unless this is the first time you have read this blog, you know I do not know how to relax.

Last Sunday while James and I were attempting to rest our way through the company holiday party hangovers, we decided to celebrate Christmas this year after all.

By now, I am usually done with my Christmas planning. This year, I started today. I have been going non-stop all day and I have done everything half-assed. Only 1/3 of the front yard lights are up and that's all I am doing this year. I have rearranged the living room to make room for the tree I am buying tomorrow.

I have pulled out the wrapping paper in anticipation of the presents I have yet to buy. I am taking James out to dinner tonight to apologize in advance for waking him up at the crack of way-too-fucking early to get everything done.

On Christmas Eve, we're having a party at the house. Come dressed in your pjs, bring wine and food. We're going to get drunk, argue, and start a new family tradition. If you know where I live, you're invited.

No comments: