Friday, February 4, 2011

There is a circular burn on the inside of my right wrist. It looks like a cigarette burn and that I must  have some fucked up issues. But alas, it came from my own laziness. I stripped the bit on the drill I was using to hang a board in the new music room. I lost my grip of the board  and it flew off of the wall. My overly tired reflexes kicked in and I caught it with my  wrist. The screw was hot  from my stupidity in using a stripped bit and burned my wrist. I could have avoided all of this had I just gone down stairs for a new bit.

My black eye has a similar story as do various other cuts and bruises.

If I don't die or worse, I'm gonna need a nap.

The insomnia started first.

About 2 months ago, I stopped sleeping.

About 6 weeks ago, I asked my boss for last weekend off of work. She said no to my time off request and 3 weeks later, she quit.  Her last day was the date I had previously requested off.

For the last couple of weeks I have been helping James move his machine shop. Because I did not get the couple of days off, I have had to take the time I would have spent and spread it out over the course of a couple weeks. Every night after I leave the office, I drive out to the old shop (or the new shop) and work. I get home late and go to bed.

The end of his shop lease aligned with the end of the lease on his practice space so his band is moving into the loft above the new shop. We have been working to sound proof it and I have learned a whole new world of hanging soundboard, drywall, insulating floors, etc. etc. etc. so that James can focus on working on moving the business part of it. It's exhausting and someday, I will have the scars to prove it.

If you know me, you know  that I will see what I can get away with and I look forward to posting  the pictures of the band room soon. Two words- GOLD PAINT.

Today is the first time I have been home for more than sleep. There is a report I need for work that takes 13+ hours to run. Undocking my laptop 10 times a day halts the report so I starting running it last night but my VPN timed out or my internet blinked here at the house. The report is now nearing hour 12 so hopefully it finishes soon.

But thanks to a slow running report, I am at home in my PJs. I have been crazy with work today but soon it will be time to put on my paint covered jeans and old faded Pixies hoodie that has become my post 7pm uniform.

No comments: