My dad recently signed up for Facebook. His status messages are daily notes of brilliance and I regularly laugh out loud reading them. Sometimes, it is in regards to his political causes or the love between his parents or what book he is reading. The other day, I thought of a great book idea would be - Things I learned from my father and his facebook status messages.
Today he posted:
Extremely busy day. Had lunch at the Lab with friend in 111. Got call that my samples were ready at Stanford. Raced home just as friend with Corvette drove up. Picture this: two (mature) guys, a show dog collie with goggles in the back seat of this red and white monster machine, rodding it up to Stanford on 280. Made it in record time vs my Camry time. We were quite a scene in Palo Alto.....
Yesterday's:
WOW! An old friend from Intel just stopped buy. His presence was advanced by the throaty rolling thunder rumble of something very powerful. He had just gotten his car (1958 Corvette with a Z something or other engine) out of storage for "Hot August Nights" in Reno. He works back east and is just out for that. Anyway, he let me drive it and the thrill of the power was magnificant. I can see a 5th childhood coming.
And finally, here is a series of updates that just show that I did not develop my neurosis on my own. Instead, I inherited it...
8:58AM: Great run! Felt especially ambitious and extended usual distance. Now off to weigh out and record data.
9:19AM: AAAAK! My calculations were incorrect!! I know I should have bought the TI calculator instead of the HP. My scale is also wrong. What are the odds of two incorrect variables in my equation. Somehow 6 Krispy Kremes increased in mass. It might have been the free one they give out, but it didn't seem to weigh that much.. Need to calculate accurately the mass and calories of a Krispy Kreme.
9:28AM: Well, off to Krispy Kremes for test samples. Probably will buy a new calculator too...
No comments:
Post a Comment