
Yeah but did you give her a puppy?
I always refer to this time period as when both people in a relationship stop sucking in [their guts]. They exhale and out comes the honesty. Did you know I flush a toilet wrong? I guess I don't jiggle the handle enough so it makes too much noise. Well, his habit of leaving Ellie poops on the floor for me to clean up is even worse.
And yet... I am stupidly happy.
William has been a God send as he helped me move over the last few days. I need to think of 1,006 ways to repay him for his help. My dad came on Saturday to help and between the two of them, we got most of my apartment moved on Saturday. On Friday night, Chris and Rodrigo helped me move after dinner. Timmy brought me plastic moving crates on Thursday. Everyone has been so fantastic.
While my dad was over on Saturday, he carried Ellie around like a baby. They were off in their own little world as he tried to teach Ellie how to be a vicious attack dog while using baby-talk to explain the lesson... "ohhhh you're a cute little mean puppy.. growllllll..." It was all so cute and weird that the scene belonged in an indie film. My father called last night to ask how Ellie was. (She's fine. Still not a vicious attack dog although seeing herself in the mirror freaks her out a bit.)
After moving over my furniture this weekend, we recreated my living room in the garage. This is going to be the game room where people can smoke, drink, play foosball, etc. We're looking at running the cable out there as well.
James has taken to hanging out in the garage now. I went in there last night and he had moved a chair out there as well as a couple of our extra TVs. He seems to be more excited about the game room than with any other room in the house even though it is all my stuff from my old apartment and inside, we have all new stuff to play with. We even bought some new stuff for the house this last weekend and he's still all about hanging out in the garage.
Yesterday we went to Jonny and Mandy's wedding. It was really lovely. Those kids are so in love. I was honored to be a guest to witness their vows. It really was special. I wish them a long and happy life together. They are going to make amazing parents. Mandy owns her own day care so I knew she was great with children but in seeing Jonny with his nephews yesterday made me smile.
The champagne at the wedding went to my head and the cocktails that followed did not help. I switched to coffee but unfortunately, that had the side effect of not being able to sleep last night. On the way home from the wedding, we stopped at Target and Trader Joes to run some errands. I spent the rest of the evening working on the house still in my dress and heels until the heels gave way to flip flops. I am almost done moving. I will be so glad when I am done.
Speaking of being glad when I am done, I cannot wait until 8/8. There will be a party that day so email me for info. I have pretty much read everything on the internet today from CNN to PerezHilton to Mental Floss. I had a long talk with a higher up here at work today and I told them what is really going on in my department. Interestingly enough, they already knew... and so do the even higher ups. I would wager to say that nearly everyone I am currently working with will be gone in 6 months which gave me a great sense of relief to be leaving here now instead of waiting around for the inevitable.
House Budget Committee Chairman John Spratt, D-S.C., said the new deficit estimate confirms "the dismal legacy of the Bush administration: Under its policies, the largest surpluses in history have been converted into the largest deficits in history." http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/budget_deficit
Why do Republicans claim to be so good with money and yet, they always leave the office of president worse off than when they entered it?
No comments:
Post a Comment