Last night over a late dinner, we talked about how ugly the fireplace was. While I was washing the dishes, I heard marble cracking.
James was in the living room with a crowbar.
After I cleaned the kitchen, I started tearing out the laundry room flooring.
About 11 pm, I finally went home to my own bed and collapsed.
If I was tired before, I was underestimating how I would eventually feel. On Friday, we were up until 3 am painting, sanding, using muscles we did not even know we had until they were sore the next day. The next morning, we woke up at 7am to start hitting garage sales for furniture. Eventually, I headed home to work on reports and change my clothes before heading to book club. After book club, I got back to the house and started back to work on the various projects. James waved his white flag about 11pm but it was after 2am when I crawled into bed.
The next morning, I headed home to finish a work project and met back up with James. We finally got a washing machine and dryer (the LG ones that I had been lusting after), some dishes, glasses, silverware, pots and pans, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. The van was nearly full by the time we got back from our 5 hour errand adventure.
When we got home, there were 3 dogs in peeking out at us through the fence. 2 white pit bulls and a larger brown pit mix. I loved them all at first sight. As it turns out, there is a hole in our fence and eventually the puppies would have to go home but for now, they were mine. Admittedly, I went and played with them for a bit when James left to pick up more furniture.
With a divide and conquer approach, the house is coming along nicely but I am so fucking tired.
Tonight's agenda? Finish tearing out the flooring and getting the rest of the marble off the fireplace. Then tomorrow? Taking care of driving stuff so I can be free to roam the streets unsupervised. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment