Thursday, November 29, 2007

morning people

Oh dear boyfriend, I am so sorry. Really, I am.

Of course, I know you're exhausted today and for that I am sorry. As though it wasn't bad enough I took advantage of your tired, unable to argue self and watched Girlmore Girls post dinner last night. When we climbed into bed to go to sleep, I am sorry I was over come with giggling over the thought of wanting buttercup colored sheets. I felt you shove me when the alarm that you usually sleep through went off this morning so I know you must not have slept well during the night.

Thanks to Ambien commercials, we've learned that sleep eating is possible and we've all heard of sleep walking but I evidently have a different affliction. You see, for years I thought I was just kidding when I said I attempted headstands in my sleep. Looking at my hair this morning, it looks like I really did try last night.

I have not had a normal night of sleep all week so I am sorry that I suggested you sleep over last night. Especially with your Thanksgiving day football injury of cracked ribs and my middle of the night swinging arms, I am deeply sorry.

Also, I hope I reset the alarm right this morning after I hit snooze for myself for a good 20 minutes. Of course this is after I walked you through the process last night on how to turn off my alarm clock after I realized there were a few days that I got home from work and the alarm was still on.

When I turned the TV on this morning, I didn't realize it would be so loud. I just wanted to find out the weather and I did not intend to share the information with your or the neighbors.

Since I forgot to set the coffee machine last night before we went to bed, I am sorry I screamed when I burnt my tongue on the hot coffee that I had to gulp down before running out the door. I need a coffee maker that doesn't take 20 minutes to brew a pot of coffee.

I know I leave for work 30 minutes to an hour before you even need to wake up so I am sorry about falling down in the bathroom hallway this morning when I was trying to be quiet and instead of getting dressed in the dark bedroom again, I thought I was being polite by moving my noise to the hallway. I don't think the injuries will warrant scars so we're all good there.

Did you remember to take the left over lasagne out of the fridge? You know I am weird about leftovers and I never get around to eating them. After you bragged to your band mates about how great it was, you really should have it. I forgot to leave you a note in your shoe along with my extra, extra house key since you forgot your keys at home yesterday. You found the housekey before it stabbed your toes, I hope.

Hope you have a great day!

Again, sorry for last night/this morning. Although, it was cute to see you laying there with a pillow over your face, grumbling when I was leaving this morning.

P.S. Did you happen to notice if I left my hair straightener plugged in this morning?

No comments: